THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pedicures, Mother Theresa & Astral Projection


So, critics of our fair county often bemoan the homogeneity of the citizens. After going to New York, I remembered that there are places in the world where I am -- refreshingly -- a minority (being blond and blue-eyed).

I had an interesting experience that illustrates how variety can be found even in Provo if you look... sitting in a pedicure chair. The Viet Namese man who was working on me had a tat consisting of a set of wings and a number. When I asked him what it represented, he proceeded to explain that it represented the date that his soul took flight... without his body.

"Ah," I said, "How interesting. Tell me more."

He proceeded to give me his personal treatise on how astral projection is possible in every religion, although very few people have the skills to achieve it.

"Hmmm. Please explain," I pressed.

"Take Mother Theresa, for example..." he went on to extol the virtues of her life only to criticise her for never finding the kind of outer body enlightenment that he had.

After several minutes of this interesting diatribe, he left me to dry. As I contemplated his words about enlightenment and life, I wondered if I had happened on some special being, a guru of some kind... here, in a pedicure chair in little old Utah County.

Then, I looked at my paint job.

Well, you can't be good at everything. Maybe he should spend more time out of his body.

2 comments:

Holli Raymond said...

Maybe you made him nervous by asking all these questions about him. He's probably used to his clients not really speaking to him, except the occassional "Thank You." haha

Craig Claireborne said...

If you are going to ask me about Astral projections then I know a lot of these kind of abnormal experience. To define the process, it is simply the separation of your astral soul from your own physical body but your conscious mind is fully awake.

This isn't some kind of a natural gift that only special people can do. It's actually a common ability that every individual are capable of doing but it only requires some practice and training.

Everybody are actually doing it and even you had already done it. The only problem lies on the fact that you can't remember it. So the purpose of training your mind to induce astral projection will help you remember.