THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 27, 2007

I Love L.A.


A couple of weeks ago I visited Los Angeles on a business trip and was reminded why I like it so much. I have people in my life who think I am crazy for liking L.A. for the following reasons:

1. Traffic
2. Traffic
3. Sprawl
4. Real Estate prices
5. Dirty ghettos
6. People with fake body parts
7. Earthquakes
8. Wild fires
9. An army of wanna-be's
10. Britney Spears
11. Traffic

And yes, I agree that although none of the above are appetizing, as I sat in the Century Plaza hotel and overlooked both the MGM building and the GORGEOUS CAA building (which I couldn't stop staring at - see above), a familiar feeling washed over me and I was finally able to articulate why I love L.A.

There is an underlying current there. It gets into the pores of your skin and under your tongue and its not the weather. It is, in fact, the feeling that anything is possible.

I don't feel it anywhere else in the world like I do in L.A. Whenever I stay there, I go home believing that I could try just about anything and it would work out for me. What a gift. I try to hold onto it here in Utah and although it exists inside me, it is never quite as palpable as in L.A.

So, while the fires burn in the west, I'm hoping that they do not burn away the underlying feeling of potential that I love.

Perhaps instead, we could lose the Spears-paparazi-frenzie? Hmmm. Does anyone have a lighter?

2 comments:

The Davis League said...

Amen! I love big cities for all of the same reasons... only I would have to add Graffiti to the list.

Jenny said...

well articulated, Kristen! i love LA too! That trip was short but still fun. You forgot to mention the awesome shopping next to our hotel. Zara needs online shopping.

You inspired me to create a blog - engescrib.blogspot.com